Wednesday, April 18, 2007

ALTARE DELLA PATRIA


This is the "altare della patria" (“native land altar”) from Venice square, in Rome. On this monument two phrases are written PATRIAE UNITATI – CIVIUM LIBERTATI, that means In Latin) “to the unit of the native land” and “to the freedom of the citizens”. In origin it was the monument to Vittorio Emanuele II, first King of Italy.Where are you, all over the world, Italian art lovers? I have already said these things… I’m becoming boring, I repeat, repeat, always the same thing… I have to change my music in order to get more audience… perhaps it’s pathetic… but I’d want to succeed in finding someone interested in these things. What do Americans or Canadians or Australians think about Italy (art and culture but also common life)? Have you ever been in Italy? Which impression did you bring back? Would you come here a second time?

Are in you interested in learning Italian? ... check my site:
Are you interested in a serious English-Italian discussion board? ... check my forum:
Nothing commercial on my sites but only friendly!